- Dublin City University
- 4 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Allow the Irish language to draw you closer to the Irish way of life
Endorsed and supported by the Irish government, this course is the perfect opportunity for you to continue developing your understanding of Irish language and culture.
Building upon Irish 104, you’ll recap what you’ve learnt on the 4 previous courses, before tackling new subjects, such as social occasions, the family, pastimes and travel.
By the end of the course, you’ll have progressed further with spoken phrases, and questions - and will be able to speak in more detail about yourself. You’ll also possess a greater understanding of Irish culture, and where Gaeilge fits into Ireland today.
This course is suited to learners from all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would also be of value to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills, or to learn from scratch.
What topics will you cover?
- Continuation of introduction to the Irish language
- Introducing and describing yourself
- Holding a conversation at social occasions
- Talking about your family
- Discussing pastimes and your interests
- Travelling and time
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
- Go to Course: