- Dublin City University
- 4 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Develop your knowledge of the basics of the Irish language
Ireland is home to one of the oldest living languages in Europe.
This course follows the course Irish 101: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture.
On this course, you’ll improve your understanding of basic spoken words, phrases and dialogues in Irish.
You’ll learn how to discuss the weather, tell the time and expand your language awareness.
You’ll explore the vibrant culture of Ireland, by learning about Irish place-names, the Irish calendar, traditional festivals and the fusion of art, language and culture.
Bígí linn – join us!
This course is aimed at anyone interested in Irish language and culture.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Irish language
- An Cló Gaelach and Irish script
- Greetings and blessings
- Arranging to meet a friend
- The weather and its many forms
- The calendar, seasons, months of the year and days of the week
- Traditional festivals and their Celtic roots
- Numbers and telling the time
- What you wear, clothes and colours
- Food and drink
- Art, culture and language
- Go to Course: