- Dublin City University
- 4 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Engage with Irish culture and history through language
Ireland is home to a unique language and a vibrant Gaelic culture.
On this course, you’ll discover how Irish people drew inspiration from nature to create their own unique script and alphabet.
You’ll explore Ireland’s rich culture of dance, Gaelic games, music, storytelling and literature. And you’ll gain an insight into the language of Ireland and the people who speak it.
So take the first step on your journey to learn one of the oldest literary languages in Europe.
Bígí linn – join us!
This course is aimed at anyone interested in Irish language, history and culture.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Irish language
- Ogham and the first writing in Irish
- The alphabet & pronunciation
- Greetings, blessings and curses
- Irish names and mythology
- Me, my family and where I come from
- An overview of the Gaeltachtaí and other cultural places in Ireland
- Numbers and counting
- The home and social life
- Amenities, directions and Gaelic sport
- Go to Course: