- 4 weeks
- 2-4 hours a week
- Paid Certificate Available
Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) casing and tubing play a critical role in the drilling and completion of oil and gas wells. “Introduction to Running Pipe in Oil and Gas Wells” will explain how to prepare and install OCTG in oil and gas wells safely, illustrating best practices that contribute to operational reliability and efficiency and minimize environmental impact.
"I loved this course. So informative and well put. Thank you TenarisUniversity Team and also everyone who participated to make it better." - Gavince
What you'll learn
- An introduction to Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) operations and their role in the oil and gas industry
- What activities should be performed during preparation for running & running operations
- What tools should be used to run a well
- How the correct practices can minimize risks and improve product reliability and efficiency at an oil & gas drilling operationSyllabus
Week 1: Pre-running operations
Preparation for running operations ensure each and every pipe and connection performs to its optimum capability.
Once at the rig site, a good pipe preparation prior to the start of the installation will assist in ensuring the efficiency of the running.
Depending on how the pipe has been prepared at the stocking location this stage can include: Drifting Cleaning of the connections Visual inspection of the connections Length measurement Identification of accessories Verification of running equipment
Week 2: Running operations
Once all the preparation for running steps have been completed, the pipe is ready to be run. During this second week, the course will focus in the accessories used during running operations and the risks involved in this stage, such as misalignment and incorrect use of dope.
Mario Vespa and John Mennie
- Go to Course: