Conduct cutting-edge research alongside influential public health leaders & earn a Global MPH from one of the world’s top-10 universities.
The Global Master of Public Health from Imperial College London is a highly respected online Master’s degree programme from one of the top 10 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019). As a Global MPH student, you’ll study biostatistics, epidemiology, health systems, health economics, population health improvement, and more, while honing your research skills by exploring issues affecting your own community.
AT A GLANCE
- Provider: Imperial College London
- Platform: Coursera
- Cost: £12,000 or £20,100 (Depending upon geographic location (UK/EU or Overseas) | 2020 entry fees)
- Length: 24 months (Average of 24 hours per week)
- Nº Courses: 16 Specialisations + Research Portfolio
- Format: Completely online
- Link to Degree Page: Global Master of Public Health | Coursera | Coursera
The postgraduate programme’s curriculum is rooted in evidence-based research skills. You’ll learn from faculty who are shaping global policy, such as researchers who led the fight against the Ebola virus. Ranked as the UK’s most international university (Times Higher Education 2018), Imperial College London is committed to improving public health for people throughout the world.
Global MPH students build strong portfolios while creating projects which model the tasks they will be asked to do as they move forward in their careers, as well as having the opportunity to develop work which can be submitted to peer-reviewed journals. They also learn practical quantitative and qualitative research skills that help evaluate the public health research and policy of their peers.
Who is this degree for:
Whether you’ve already had extensive experience in the public health field or you’re longing to build a high-impact and useful career, a Global MPH online degree shapes you into a leader in this field. Students at the School of Public Health come from paths in medicine, health policy, academic research, and more. All with one common thread: a calling to help make the world healthier and safer for all.
Requirements for Admission
- Normally a minimum 2.1 UK Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in a science subject or MBBS degree (or a comparable qualification recognised by the College). The academic requirement of a minimum 2.1 is for applicants who hold or who are working towards a UK qualification.
- Suitable applicants should have a background in: medicine, health sciences, biological sciences or environmental sciences.
- Mature applicants with relevant academic or professional experience will also be considered.
For 2020 entry to the Master’s Degree, the total cost of tuition fees for students outside of the UK (Islands/Overseas fee status) is £20,100 and for UK or EU based (Home/EU fee status) is £12,000.
The School of Public Health and Imperial College offer a number of limited Scholarships for their masters programmes. Anyone interested in a Scholarship will need to apply separately, directly to the School of Public Health, based on an approved application and acceptance into the degree programme.
Click here to request more information
Try a Course
- Introduction to Statistics & Data Analysis in Public Health
- Linear Regression in R for Public Health
- Logistic Regression in R for Public Health
- Survival Analysis in R for Public Health
- Measuring Disease in Epidemiology
- Study Designs in Epidemiology
- Validity and Bias in Epidemiology