The University of Illinois College of Business has partnered with Coursera to launch the first online MBA delivered in part through the Coursera platform. This program is ideal if you’re interested in an MBA, or if you’re simply interested in the individual Specializations in the program.
How It Works
Learning takes place through Coursera and through the University of Illinois, offering flexibility and personalized instructor feedback.
Specializations on Coursera:
Enhanced companion content run on the University of Illinois’ web platform:
- The iMBA is divided into several Specializations.
- This curriculum is on demand—complete it at your own pace.
- To finish the iMBA, you must complete at least six Specializations.
Courses in the iMBA curriculum will be available for free through Coursera, but do NOT carry any credential or a certificate.
- Each Specialization has an optional additional component, available on the Illinois.edu web platform and featuring in-depth discussion and instructor feedback.
- These courses carry college credit, and cost around $3,000 per Specialization.
- Credit can be applied toward the University of Illinois online MBA (upon admission), or might be eligible for transfer into other programs.
Who is this degree for:
The program welcomes people from varied backgrounds, be it arts, science, music, engineering, finance, accounting, consulting, marketing, medicine, military, and many more. The iMBA is for anyone who wants to enhance their business acumen and leadership capabilities either to change careers or just get better in their profession and understand the business side of things.
Tuition [total: 18 Courses/ 72 credit hours]: $18,000 Fees
[Coursera ID Verification fees- 6 specializations]: $2,844
Books/Supplies/case packets: $1,000
Estimated Total: $21,844.00
To enroll in the iMBA degree program, you must go through the admission process, meet the admissions requirements and be admitted as a degree-seeking student.
Learn more before applying:
After answering a few short questions, find out if you’re qualified to apply and receive more information about the degree program:
Get More Information Here