- Amnesty International
- 3 weeks
- 3-5 hours a week
- Paid Certificate Available
Across the world, barriers are growing. Every day people fleeing war and persecution find the door slammed in their face.
Refugees have human rights. What are these rights? Who is responsible for upholding and protecting them? How can we hold them to account?
This short course will enable you to find the answers and empower yourself to defend and promote the rights of refugees and discover how you can be part of the solution.
Learn from the experts, campaigners and activists at Amnesty International how to identify human rights violations and to claim, defend and promote the human rights of refugees.
You will be challenged to think critically and interact with participants. Together you will learn how to empower yourselves to create change.
This is Amnesty International's second human rights MOOC. Be prepared for active learning, connecting with course participants from across the world and to become part of a global community campaigning for the rights of refugees to be upheld everywhere.
The course is also available in French and Spanish.
What you'll learn
- How to explain and defend the human rights of refugees
- The role of governments in preventing human rights violations against refugees
- How to challenge misconceptions, prejudices and discriminatory attitudes and behaviours towards refugees and asylum seekers
- How to take action to protect the rights of people in need of international protection
- Go to Course: