- The University of Sheffield
- 3 hours/week
- 3 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Being offered an interview is exciting but can be quite daunting. On this course, our experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield will make sure you are prepared for the big day.
If you’re still at the stage of writing your CV and submitting applications for a job or course, join our course How to Succeed at: Writing Applications.
What topics will you cover?
Preparing for interviews
Dealing with interviews
- Dealing with nerves
- The practical details
- Making your research count
- Anticipating key questions
Handling different types of interview
- Creating a positive first impression
- What to wear
- Using your voice
- Getting to grips with interview questions
- Brilliant questions to ask the interviewer
- Successful telephone and video interviews
- Giving presentations
- Tests and exercises
- Leaving a positive impression
This course is designed for anyone applying for jobs or courses. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
Pamela Hafekost and Team
- Go to Course: