- Doane University
- 3 weeks
- 5-10 hours a week
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- MicroMasters Program: Healthcare Administration
This course is part of the Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program which consists of 7 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (learn more about the program here).
Health Informatics Technology (HIT) deals with the acquistion, storage and retrieval of data and is central in addressing the challenges of safety, quality, effectiveness and efficiency in a healthcare system. Proper management of dynamic data, such as electronic healthcare records, can enable a new approach for clinical workflow, evidence-based decision making and team-based care to improve overall public health. Gain an understanding of how healthcare informatics is deployed in diverse healthcare systems around the world.
What you'll learn
- Understand the concepts around Health Informatics and how it affects Public and Population Health
- Compare how Health Informatics is being used around the world in healthcare systems
- Use informatics to evaluate current healthcare practices
- Discuss emerging trends in health informatics
- Go to Course: