- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- 6 weeks
- 6-8 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
Data structures provide a means to manage large amounts of data for use in databases and internet indexing services. Efficient data structures are key for designing efficient algorithms and obtaining maintainable software design.
In this Computer Science course, you will start by learning basic data types, such as numbers, and gradually build a conceptual framework for organizing and managing efficient structures.
Preliminary understanding of implementing sequence structures such as stacks, queues, and linked lists, will also be covered.
- Basic Data Types, Notion of an Abstract Data Type
- Mathematical Properties of Sequences
- Special Types of Sequences: Stacks, Queues, Strings
- Implementation of Sequence Type: Arrays and Linked Lists
- Sets and Maps
This course is part of the Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries Program:
What you'll learn
- Various data structures
- How to organize data efficiently
- How to use appropriate data structures for representing, organizing, and manipulating data
- How to create data structures using basic programming
Deepak B. Phatak, Ajit Diwan, Ganesh Ramakrishnan and Nagesh Karmali
- Go to Course: