- University of Twente
- 6 weeks
- 3 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
eHealth refers to the use of technologies to improve well-being, health, and healthcare. It is an umbrella term that captures concepts about the health context, technology, and people.
In this free online course, we will provide you with insight into the domain of eHealth, describe methods to develop eHealth, and explain theories that enable behaviour change and facilitate implementation. You will also understand how eHealth technologies are developed and used in practice, by means of a variety of case studies, assignments and examples.
All videos have subtitles available in Portuguese (Brazil) and Russian.
This course pays attention to the perspectives of the eHealth developers, patients, healthcare professionals and healthy people who want to improve or maintain their health and wellbeing. These perspectives are applied to the three main topics of this course:
After finishing this course, you will have new knowledge about eHealth, acquired relevant eHealth skills, and gained insight into the use of eHealth in practice.
- During Weeks 1 and 2, we will introduce eHealth and show you how eHealth technologies are used to enable or improve self-care and prevention, supportive care, and societal health.
- Weeks 3 and 4 will focus on design. You will learn how to design eHealth that fits the user and the context, and is able to seduce or support people into changing their behaviour.
- In Weeks 5 and 6, we focus on the diffusion and evaluation of eHealth technologies within the intended context, and among users and other relevant stakeholders.
This course is suitable for everyone who wants or needs to know more about eHealth and all of its possibilities. No specific knowledge or education background is assumed, since all concepts that are discussed will be briefly explained. For learners who desire more depth, further reading is available.
What topics will you cover?
- Meaning and application of eHealth
- Different domains of eHealth
- Human Centered Design
- Usability testing
- Values and requirements
- Behaviour change
- Persuasive technology
- Implementation of eHealth technology
- Formative and summative evaluation
- Log data analysis
Hanneke Kip, Floor Sieverink, Saskia Kelders and Lisette van Gemert-Pijnen
- Go to Course: