- Dartmouth College
- 4 weeks
- 3-5 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
Companies today are constantly having to adapt and redefine their strategies due to the impact of technology and globalization. To be a leader in the future means you need to be able to change, adapt, and innovate.
In this course, part of the Leading Innovation Professional Certificate program, you will learn from the leading expert on strategy and innovation, Vijay Govindarajan (VG), about the Three Box framework, defined below:
Box 1 Manage the present: Managing the core business at peak efficiency
Box 2 Selectively forget the past: Abandon ideas, practices, and attitudes that could inhibit innovation
Box 3 Create the future: Develop and convert breakthrough ideas into new products and businesses
The Three Box framework is a method and toolkit designed to help organizations appropriately allocate their time and resources to implement transformational business models. This course will teach you how to accelerate the success of innovations in your own company.
The course is organized into four modules, where each concept is taught using a series of videos and illustrative examples to help deepen your understanding.
The course is based on The Three Box Solution: A Strategy for Leading Innovation book. The content of this course is relevant for a large corporation, a mid-size business, a startup or a nonprofit organization. Because innovation is a team sport, the course is useful for individuals who intend to advance careers in R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Service, Human Resources, Accounting, and Finance.
What you'll learn
- Module 1 Strategy is Innovation: Understand the Three Box framework and see examples of it in action
- Module 2 Strategic Intent: Understand how to set long-term strategic direction that can provide context for employees to brainstorm and identify Box 3 breakthrough ideas
- Module 3 Core Competencies: Understand what core competencies are and how they can be leveraged in Box 3 innovation ideas
- Module 4 Box 3 Ideation: Explore Reverse Innovation through a series of examples
- Go to Course: