edX has partnered with Charter Oak State College, Connecticut's public online college, to provide students with a unique opportunity to be awarded transferrable credit for work completed in selected edX courses. This partnership will give students from all backgrounds an affordable and flexible way to earn college credit, track their accomplishments and work toward a degree.
How it works
- Credit is available to all students who successfully complete the course. There's no admissions requirement or application necessary.
- Choose to receive credit only after you've completed the course. There's no upfront cost, other than the Verified Certificate fee.
- For only $100 per credit hour you can earn transferable credit for a fraction of the cost of a traditional four-year institution.
- Official Credit Transcript. Through Charter Oak State College you'll receive an official record to use when applying to degree programs or on your resume.
How To Receive Credit Through Charter Oak State College
Search for credit-eligible courses on edX
- Enroll in the Verified Certificate track in a Charter Oak State College credit-eligible course.
- Pass the course with an 80% grade or higher.
- When the course is over and you've passed, select the "Purchase Credit" option on your student dashboard.
MOOCs (Massive open online courses), being free and open to anyone, don't usually award college credit to graduates. Recently, however, some higher education institutions have partnered with the major MOOC platforms to deliver the first MOOCs with the option to gain credit. Although these programs do have a cost, it is considerably lower than the equivalent campus courses.
Moocs for Credit Credit Through Charter Oak State College with edX
Earn college credit in selected edX courses