- Doane University
- 3 weeks
- 5-10 hours a week
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- Professional Certificate: Lifestyle Medicine Competencies
Lifestyle Medicine is an increasingly crucial element to transforming disease care systems to healthcare systems. Current medical services are unable to restore health because they do not address root causes.
In this course, you will learn the deficiencies within traditional Western Medicine and more effective lifestyle based treatment protocols used to prevent and treat chronic diseases of lifestyle.
You will learn about lifestyle medicine based treatments for the following chronic diseases:
This offering is part of the DoaneX Lifestyle Medicine Professional Certificate program that allows licensed medical practitioners to earn Continuing Medical Education credits. These CME credits satisfy the eligibility requirement for ABLM certification. Successful completion of the Chronic Disease Treatment with Lifestyle Medicine course can earn a licensed medical practitioner 15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (CME).
- Angina/ Atherosclerosis
- Type II Diabetes/ Obesity
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate and Colorectal Cancer
- Multiple Sclerosis/Rheumatoid Arthritis/Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome/Fructose Intolerance/Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity
- Depression/ Anxiety
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and PCOS Associated Infertility/ Anovulatory Bleeding
You must be a licensed medical practitioner in order to receive these credits.
What you'll learn
- Recognize the core competencies of Nutrition, Tobacco Cessation, and Alcohol and their interaction with chronic diseases
- Explain the difference in efficacies of traditional treatments vs. lifestyle based treatments
- Identify effective lifestyle based treatment protocols used to prevent and treat chronic diseases of lifestyle
- Go to Course: