- The Open University
- 3 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Improve your written and verbal communication skills
Faced with a daily deluge of information, we have never had greater need of clear communication skills.
This online course offers you a practical grounding in using a range of communication media, to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
You will discover the principles of writing influential emails, reports and proposals. You will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings. And you will develop communication approaches that are sensitive to cultural and personal differences.
This course is intended for anyone seeking to develop their fundamental business skills, whether to increase their employability or secure a promotion. The course does not require any previous study of communication.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
What topics will you cover?
- Making effective phone calls and writing emails
- Online communication in a professional context
- Delivering effective presentations
- Writing professional reports and proposals
- Conducting productive meetings
- The future trends in professional communication