- Purdue University
- 5 weeks
- 3-5 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
Whether you are starting your own business or supplementing your understanding of accounting, this business course will help you understand accounting basics and give you meaningful financial tools to understand business.
Understanding the four basic financial statements, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Retained Earnings, and Statement of Cash Flows, is key to evaluating companies for your investment decisions. But this business course goes beyond just understanding these financial statements. Business Accounting Basics takes you through the building blocks and accounting cycles that create each statement. In addition, this course will give you the basic tools to project profitability and break your costs down to help analyze any company.
This course is built to fit the needs of everyone, including those who have a 401k, other retirement plans or want to invest in different companies.
What you'll learn
- Necessary accounting terminology and concepts
- The basics of the four financial statements
- The building blocks of financial accounting
- The different accounting cycles in a business break-even analysis, target profit analysis, and degree of operating leverage
- Go to Course: