- Rochester Institute of Technology
- 11 weeks
- 8-12 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- Project Management
Project management plays a key role in supporting a business’s success. In this project management course, you will learn what’s required from an organization for projects to excel.
You will learn how to turn project management principles and theory into practice. The course will cover:
The course will utilize case studies and examples from companies to help students sharpen their project management skills to recognize and implement an environment that supports success.
- project management methods and best practices
- project portfolio management
- the project management office
- Six Sigma
- corporate culture and organizational behavior
- project management leadership
First, we will cover the basic organizational and leadership elements required to provide a successful environment for all projects to succeed.
Second, we will cover the necessary organizational support structures and methods that enable project management and project managers to deliver results to the business and to the customers they serve.
Finally, we will explore the challenges of specific types of projects such as projects in crisis, global projects and managing a portfolio.
This course is part of the RIT Project Management MicroMasters Program that is designed to teach the importance of the organizational and leadership characteristics for the success of projects. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a verified certificate in each of the three courses as well as pass a capstone exam.
What you'll learn
- How to achieve success in project management
- Best practices in organizational and leadership characteristics
- How to overcome challenges of specific types of projects
Leonie Fernandes PMP
- Go to Course: