- University of Queensland
- 10 weeks
- 8 to 10 hours per week
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- Business Leadership
Strong leadership is regarded as one of the best predictors of organizational success and critical human capital required for career progression in almost every organization. However, leadership is also a highly complex and often misunderstood phenomenon. It‘s hard to define, but we all know good and bad leadership when we see it.
This course will equip aspiring leaders with an understanding of what leadership is and how an individual can develop the skills required to become an effective leader in their organization. Taught by instructors and presenters with decades of business and not-for-profit leadership experience, you will learn the difference between leadership and management, the importance of understanding others and building empathy and relationships, and gain a better understanding of the different leadership styles you may encounter throughout your career.
Learn through a series of engaging videos, interviews, case studies, written reflections, peer feedback, and other self-insight activities. Our instructors and faculty will help you identify your own values and ethics as a leader, and most importantly, build your self-efficacy, your confidence and belief in your own ability to achieve intended results.
What you'll learn
- What leadership means and how have we come to identify what it comprises.
- Leadership styles and the theories behind them.
- The relationship between power and leadership and how to influence others.
- The role of ethics and values in leadership.
- How to become a credible leader and business steward.
- The importance of followership for leader outcomes.