- Tel Aviv University
- 8 weeks
- 3-4 hours a week
- Paid Certificate Available
You will study this course in two parts. The first presents the main political events that set the chronological framework for the course, namely 6th century to the arrival of the Ottomans in the Middle East in the beginning of the 16th century. The second part delves into social and cultural realities of the medieval Middle East.
This course was produced at Tel Aviv University by TAU Online - learning innovation center.
What you'll learn
- How Islam rose as a new civilization in the Middle East
- The main phases in medieval Arab and Islamic history
- The role of the main political players within the Islamic community, state, and empire
- How to interpret the characteristics of society and culture
- Go to Course: