Ask a question

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hi @suneel chittamuru . Thanks for your question. Kufos does have some free aquacultural courses, but they are limited in number and don't focus specifically on vannamei culture. You can view them here: http://mooc.kufos.ac.in/
You can also access a lot of free content around vannamei culture on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vannamei+shrimp+culture
For fee paying online courses, see
https://adlonlinecourses.com/aquaculture-bag211
Certificate in Sustainable Aquaculture (University of St Andrews)

I hope that helps :)

S

Suneel

Suneel
Look up class central lists of courses.
Almost 4000 courses online.
Do not expect from other people to work for you .

H

Hellen Njeri

If you have a question you'd like answered about online learning, online courses or MOOCs, this is the place to ask. We will endeavour to answer your question and if we can't, we'll find someone who can!

Just type your question in the reply box below, then click on "Post Reply" :)

Hi, I would love to pursue Computer Science degree online (bachelors) please assist.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hi Hellen,

Thanks for your question. There are many options to pursue an online Bachelors degree in CS. The following links should help you get started:

Universities & Colleges offering CS Degree programs:
The Best Online Computer Science Degree Programs
2016’S BEST COLLEGES FOR ONLINE COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREES
2015 Best Value Online Computer Science Degrees

35 institutions offering Distance/Online Computer Science courses in the UK

Open Courseware in CS (Free content for self-study)
Saylor.org Computer Science Program

If you choose the self-study option, there are ways to get college credit by examination only: see this article about the DIY Degree by Scott Young

I hope that helps :)

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
One of our members messaged me to enquire about learning French online. There are a number of possibilities you can explore below:

Elementary French I
Elementary French II
By the Carnegie Mellon University via Open Learning Initiative
Workload: 120 hours per course

Elementary French I is a carefully sequenced and highly interactive presentation of French language and culture in a media-rich course environment including new video shot in France and Québec with young professional actors. It is designed to be used as a full course of study.

To successfully use this course, you should be a motivated student with a sincere desire to learn about French language and francophone cultures, and be comfortable with computer technologies. The time commitment will typically average 6-8 hours per week.

Topics Covered:

Elementary French I

Introductions, Origins, Studies, Age, Appearance, Personality, Preferences, Activities, Time, The Family, The Home, Work, Meals, Restaurants, and Shopping.

Elementary French II
This course targets communicative competence in the following domains: My Family, My Neighborhood, My Future, The Body, My Regime, Young People and Stress, Vacations, Modes of Transport, A Virtual Trip, Political Opinions, Change, Ecology, Where to Live, Questions of Identity, Languages and Life.

Cours de français langue étrangère
By Alliance Française Paris Ile-de-France via France Université Numerique
Scheduled MOOC
Workload: 14 hours

This course is suitable for anyone who has already completed between 80 and 100 hours of French lessons.
Vous allez vivre une expérience avec la langue française, dans un Paris… différent ! Le cours s’organise autour de 7 semaines. Chaque semaine du cours correspond à une journée de découverte culturelle à Paris.

Avec ce cours vous allez pratiquer :
• L’écoute grâce à des vidéos, des documents audio
• La lecture avec des documents de la vie courante à Paris
• L' écrit avec des textes variés et amusants
• La grammaire et le lexique grâce à des vidéos pour comprendre, des exercices pour appliquer
Des vidéos et des activités pour mieux comprendre Paris en version originale, sa vie culturelle, la vie des parisiens ! Vous allez aussi pratiquer l’écrit et l’oral en communiquant avec les autres participants du cours.

Other free resources to learn French online:

BBC - Learn French
Online lessons with audio, games, vocabulary, grammar explanations and exercises.

Busuu: Learn French
This resource covers reading, writing, listening and speaking study options with a chance to practice in real-time with other language learners and native speakers.
Learners require some understanding of the language prior to starting.
Some features such as grammar lessons, videos & PDF files require paid premium membership.

Duolingo: French for English speakers
Duolingo language programs teach vocabulary and build it into simple sentences through reading, writing, listening and speaking, with a ‘Tips’ section giving grammar explanations for each unit.

Foreign Services Institute: French
FSI courses are developed by the United States government and offer high-quality materials geared for language fluency.
The website is basic and some of the material is dated, but the courses, designed for complete beginners, are of merit and and include many hours of audio, as well as several repetition and response drills.
The focus is on listening and speaking, and less so on reading and writing.

Livemocha: Learn French
Livemocha’s lessons focus on reading, writing, listening and speaking skills separately. Material is broken down for the learner before being reassembled, allowing the student to apply what they’ve learned.
The website offers a social network type platform with chat options and friend suggestions and a community which is made up of teachers, language experts, other language learners, and native speakers who help each other learn through networking.
Some features require paid premium membership, but users can earn credit by ‘tutoring’ other learners.

Memrise French Courses
Memrise offers courses created by its community and uses science-based learning techniques with"mems" - little snippets of imagination and humour that make things easy to remember.
The site uses gaming where learners can earn points, and compete against friends, and is good for learning and remembering new vocabulary. Users load their own own mems onto the site to help other learners.

A

Ahmed Mahmoud Shokry

are there courses that will help me with english grammar ? I am really bad at it

Ahmed_Hosny

Hello everybody,
I would like to know more about the relationship between the social networks and MOOCs. How can we connect between them?

rose student

MOOC &Cloud Computing

I am student , doing a research to build a framework for MOOC using CC. I am trying to Migration or enhance MOOC using Cloud Computing. Any idea ? Plz .I need the Architecture of MOOC first.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager

rose student

Dear all ,

MOOC is a already host ? Yes. what can cloud computing add new to MOOC?
if I want to build MOOC-Cloud with current features in MOOC or let's say
what the problems in MOOC that with help of cloud can solve.

Plz , any idea

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Yes , I read it, very useful.
sir, can we consider MOOC as courses or as a complete environment.
And , can I consider University X has LMS so that move to MOOC in cloud?

Many thanks
Please could you make your question clearer so that I can help you better? Thanks.

rose student

Please could you make your question clearer so that I can help you better? Thanks.

Sorry, I am a little confuse .
I read that MOOC is hosted. So , what can I gain form using cloud computing in any MOOC platform.
what problem can slove in MOOC?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hi all,

can we say that MOOC is an extending to e-learning?
and how?

Any useful references for this point?
Yes, absolutely! e-learning is a form of education that is accessed via an electronic device, such as a computer or smart phone. e-learning existed before the apparition of MOOCs, or even before the internet. The main things that set MOOCs apart are the words "Massive" & "Open". MOOCs are the first online courses that allow students in their thousands to enrol at the same time, and they have no restrictions or pre-requisites in order to enrol.