MoocLab News, Help & Feedback

How likely are you to recommend MoocLab to a friend?

• Extremely likely

• Very likely

• Quite Likely

• Unlikely

• No way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Fact 13: MoocLab’s Find a Study Buddy Online program allows you to find compatible online study buddies to improve your success with online courses. Please spread the word to get even more potential study buddies for you to choose from.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Fact #14: MoocLab currently has over 15 registered "Experts” - members who have completed at least 20 online courses each (in some cases, a lot more than 20). These are the people you should ask if you have any questions about taking online courses. If you fall into this category, why not join the “Expert” User group so others can find you more easily? To search for our Experts, click on the Members tab in the top navigation bar, then on “Find a Study Buddy”. Select the “Expert” User Group and click on Search.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Fact #15: MoocLab is run and managed by CEO Carolyn McIntyre who is based near Ipswich in the United Kingdom.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Fact #16: One of MoocLab’s members has completed over 60 online courses so far. Do you know who it is?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Fact #17: The top 5 countries visitng MoocLab are USA, India, UK, Canada & France

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Fact #18: MoocLab Forums currently have over 1,100 different discussion threads.

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
Carolyn
WHO are you ?
How do you finance all these wonderful info .
This latest mail is more than fantastic. It has everything in it. Quite well organised .
I have been dedicatede to online and education technology for the last 20 years .
You provide a complete package for online . I may add more later .
Please write to me mgozaydin@hotmail.com
WHO are you, how do you finance all these ? You cannot go free forever. Look up MIT OCW after 15 years they are looking for donations .

My motto is to provide
First quality HE , degree oriented , to the people of the World,
At low cost. QUALITY + LOW COST
That is possible by 200 top universities of the USA providing 50 %, 60 % of the degree courses in online format . WHO are those 200 best universities ? Let us find out together .

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hi Muvaffak.
Thanks for getting in touch and for your supportive comments which are always much appreciated.
You can find out more about me and MoocLab on our About page: http://www.mooclab.club/pages/about/
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Carolyn

addem

Study Buddy
I love what you're trying to accomplish with the site. The things I would try to work on are making the web design more clear, and improving the study buddy search tool. The web design is a little cluttered and hard to understand. It seems to me that the main features of the website are 1) resources for finding the MOOC you want, and 2) talking to people to find study buddies. Within the first category you can have news and reviews, and resources, but they're all basically things that help people find MOOCs. But the other category is interacting with people, so that's like the forum, study groups, and the study buddy search tool. So I would design the layout to make it clear that these are the two main things you can do on this website.

The other thing is that when you search for a study buddy with the search tool, you get a lot of old listings and a lot of listings that are actually just spam, so it would be nice to have the search algorithm optimized or have some kind of filter on the profiles that get put in the database.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
I love what you're trying to accomplish with the site. The things I would try to work on are making the web design more clear, and improving the study buddy search tool. The web design is a little cluttered and hard to understand. It seems to me that the main features of the website are 1) resources for finding the MOOC you want, and 2) talking to people to find study buddies. Within the first category you can have news and reviews, and resources, but they're all basically things that help people find MOOCs. But the other category is interacting with people, so that's like the forum, study groups, and the study buddy search tool. So I would design the layout to make it clear that these are the two main things you can do on this website.

The other thing is that when you search for a study buddy with the search tool, you get a lot of old listings and a lot of listings that are actually just spam, so it would be nice to have the search algorithm optimized or have some kind of filter on the profiles that get put in the database.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve the site and we will look into the points that you mention.