How does completing 100% of math in Khan Academy compare to graduating U.S. high school?

Quora Feeds

Jeffrey Kearns

You’d be astronomically above. You’d probably be somewhere near a college senior level. Let me explain:

Khan Academy math involves vector calc, diff eq, and linear algebra. The highest a normal high school goes (without AP or CE) is Pre-calc.

I’m in Calc 3 right now, and some of Sal’s videos still get me thinking a bit in math.

Khan Academy science involves advanced physics, chemistry, and biology. The chemistry part is pretty complex, involving higher level thermodynamics most high schools don’t teach. I actually finished the chem part because I needed concepts for biofuel synthesis. The biology is pretty easy, a bit tougher than high school.

The physics. Much harder than high school. It’s calc based, compared to high school algebra based.

I don’t know about the other topics, but I’m sure they are harder than high school.

Also: Once you get your GED, try taking tests to avoid some college classes. If you finished the Math part of Khan Academy, you should be able to skip all the way to at least Calc 3: Engineering or even Diff Eq. and Linear Algebra.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...