What are the best free online solutions for higher education?

Quora Feeds

Johan Lindén

I think many things looks dreadful for the future of this world. But one of the most promising savers for this and coming generations are the freedom of education. You do it where you want, when you want, and you can attend the best classes with the best teachers. That is truly amazing when you think that even some poor guy in Bangladesh are entitled to this if he knows someone with Internet.

The schools I know of are:

• Khan Academy is probably the most known school on the web with many different classes which are supposed to be very pedagogical.
  • Coursera is a new kid on the block which has many interesting fields in tech and science. Just enrolled so I don't have a final say on this yet.
  • TedTalks, which I think a lot of Quora readers are familiar with can also be considered lectures in higher education. Short but inspiring education.
  • UniShared seems to be a cross-social media platform for sharing questions, answers and thoughts with fellow students. Not tried it myself but it seems promising from what I read.
  • Floating University have some lectures made for the web.
  • Open Culture has some web-based lectures.
  • edX is founded by MIT and Harvard. Sounds pretty good ey?

Please feel free to give your comments about these solutions if you tried them.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...