Which online Python course is the best?

Quora Feeds

Paul DeVos

I found Learn Python The Hard Way and Nick Parlente's to be the best courses for me.

But the most populare courses by feedback can be found here:
Programming Languages/Best MOOC and Online Courses

And #1 on that list is Coursera's An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python. And it's a great course, the only thing I would have liked more is that the 3-course sequence leads to making a game in Python - to which I don't see as much utility in - meaning, I don't see someone who takes Python to it's end means being a game (PS, Xbox, PC) programmer using Python. That's primarily C++ and it's derivatives. But that isn't so much a complaint as being informative. At least, that's what I am trying to say. I would have rather it led to more web scraping and anlysis or some Data Science like project.

But I would start with LearnPythonTheHard way and the Coursera courses and I bet within a week you could just jump to Nick Parlente's Python course (Google's Python Class). I would also then do David Beazley's video course on Public Data Hacking where he taps into the Chicago metro bus system to find his lost bag. To me this is the magic of Python.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrPZza_vZ3w

From there, you're going to have to find something that helps you wrap around OOP in Python, a framework you like (e.g. Jupyter and the future of IPython — IPython, The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines | Django), and projects, projects, projects.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...