What Udemy courses are really worth paying for?

Nina

Reviews of Udemy are quite varied - some people seem to love it and others say you should stay clear.
So, are their courses a sham or are there some that are really worth paying for?

JohnComm

The thing about Udemy is that anyone can create and sell a course`so it's really important to read the reviews before you buy. Also check out the length of the course - if it's just a few hours, it won't be going into much depth so probably not worth it. Having said that, there ARE some great courses on Udemy and they often run really good offers with courses for $10 so wait for those. (They are doing an Easter sale at the moment).

To give you some examples of courses I think are "worth paying for", I'll share my "ones to watch" list that I compiled by looking at the reviews. (These are obviously based on my interests).

Entrepreneurship
The Essential Guide to Entrepreneurship by Guy Kawasak
The Lean Startup
MBA in a Box: Business Lessons from a CEO
Outsource your idea | Launch your business for 1/4 the price
Marketing
Digital Marketing Masterclass 2018 - 23 Courses in 1
Social Media Marketing MASTERCLASS | PPC on 10+ Platforms
Marketing strategy to reach 1,000,000! SEO & social media
Storytelling for Marketing and Entrepreneurship
Web Development
The Web Developer Bootcamp
The Complete Web Developer in 2018: Zero to Mastery
Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3
Data Science
Data Science A-Z™: Real-Life Data Science Exercises Included
Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3
Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization

Self Development
Become a SuperLearner™ 2: Learn Speed Reading & Boost Memory
Success Tips: Boosting Confidence, Wealth & Productivity
Seth Godin on Presenting to Persuade

I hope some of these will be useful...

Upvote 0
S

Souvik Bhattacharya

I would suggest the Machine Learning A-Z course. Definitely worth its salt.

Upvote 0
B

Bazir

The reason reviews are mixed is because they don't review the courses. Some are great, some are absolute trash and the one you'll get is basicly a coin flip. That's the problem with the open market, once you're big enough you can't control it. I would suggest using more closed education platforms like codecademy or bitdegree.

Upvote 0

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
I am an employer also education technology addict. I do hire people with MOOC certificate a lot . Only one condition . It must be from one of the top schools , that is almost first 100 or so universities of USA plus Oxford, Sorbonne, Bocconi . In order toı be sure the value of the knowledge people had gained I must trust only universities who proved themselves as good for centuries . Now on the way VR Virtual reality is coming . Learning will be more effective but a little expensive for time being . But the cost will drop soon . -Study what is virtual reality VR .

Upvote 0