Sparking the Architectural Imagination: HarvardX Learners Share their Work

edX Blog

The Harvard Graduate School of Design and HarvardX’s The Architectural Imagination course on edX has truly tapped into a global audience of learners who are passionate about architecture.

Since launching in February, more than 115,000 students around the world have enrolled in the course to study the fundamental principles of architecture from a study of history’s important buildings. Through vivid analyses of exemplary structures and hands-on exercises in drawing and modeling, learners get a first-hand glimpse into the work of an actual architect or historian.

During the course, learners gain the skills to produce their own architectural models and drawings, which many learners have been sharing with each other on social media. Here are some examples of ‘The Architectural Imagination’ in action! For more examples, check out #gsd1x on Twitter.

If these spark your imagination, then you can enroll in the course today and start learning!

#gsd1x – Exe 7.2, Pied-a-Terre This is my assessment piece for this particular module, I know it is hand drawn but you get the idea. Love it pic.twitter.com/gZDzzMzwNY

— Louis Salguero (@salguero_louis) April 14, 2017

@edXOnline @harvardonline first week, so far so good!! #Gsd1x
Here you can see my exercise 1.3 Drawing a plan. pic.twitter.com/HU2QB61J7G

— Claudia Aguilar (@cutucut) March 7, 2017

Transforming a Type based on Aldo Rossi’s monument of the resistance in Segrate, Itay.Exer. 4.3 @HardvardGSD #gsd1x amazing module pic.twitter.com/QgUExsm2WA

— liseth van der Biest (@lixtik) May 6, 2017

#gsd1x – Asymmetrical House.
Ideation through rough sketching pic.twitter.com/E8AuhU7FQ4

— Louis Salguero (@salguero_louis) April 30, 2017

A le maniere de Corbu#GSD1X #HARVARDX
Here my proposal about project of the theme 7 @harvardonline pic.twitter.com/eCSkWaRdt4

— arturo (@arturomont) May 3, 2017

The post Sparking the Architectural Imagination: HarvardX Learners Share their Work appeared first on edX Blog.

Continue reading...