MOOCs, SPOCs,COOC,... and their Platforms.

vanessaKafui

i want to know , if Moocs , and Spocs belong to the same platform?
I mean, as Moocs courses belong to Coursera or Edx for example, are Spocs also belong to Coursera , Edx, etc? or Spocs are their own platforms? And what are the name of some of them (Spocs platform)?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
i want to know , if Moocs , and Spocs belong to the same platform?
I mean, as Moocs courses belong to Coursera or Edx for example, are Spocs also belong to Coursera , Edx, etc? or Spocs are their own platforms? And what are the name of some of them (Spocs platform)?
SPOCs (Small Private Online Courses) are usually run and delivered by institutions or organisations to a select number of students - i.e. they are invite only and not open to all like MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses). For this reason, you won't find them on the regular Coursera or EdX platforms which only offer MOOCs.
Examples of SPOC platforms are https://edge.edx.org/ known as "Edge” or Home - NovoEd which are authoring and delivery platforms where users can create and deliver SPOCs. Otherwise, you will only gain access to SPOCs via the institution or organisation running these types of courses.

Upvote 0