MoocLab Newsletter October 2016

MoocLab

Official Account
Group Manager

MoocLab Newsletter
View this email in your browser

MoocLab Newsletter​

October 2016​
Don't miss your chance to earn money on MoocLab's Marketplace.
Add your Resources & Services Now!

NEW on MoocLab!

Please spread the word​
d93708bf-442c-422c-863f-ba7355f93e16.png

• Discover Course Pathways each containing carefully selected high quality free online courses, MOOCs and resources to help you upskill and develop as a teacher.​
  • Meet other like-minded teachers and educators and learn together in a collaborative and supportive environment.​
  • Share your experience and knowledge with others.​

Ten Top MOOC Picks for October

Every month we scour the MOOC platforms to hand pick a collection of great free online courses for you to consider. Find courses in computer science, business, arts & humanities, sciences and more.
Get Started with Online Learning
By The Open University via FutureLearn
Starts October 3rd
This free online course will explain how you can study online without putting the rest of your life on hold.
English Composition: Research and Writing
By Arizona State University via edX
Starts October 10th

Learn how to design, develop, research, and execute a writing project from inception to completion in this credit-eligible course.
Problem Solving with Excel
By PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP via Coursera
Starts October 28th

This course explores Excel as a tool for solving business problems. In this course you will learn the basic functions of excel through guided demonstration. Each week you will build on your excel skills and be provided an opportunity to practice what you’ve learned. Finally, you will have a chance to put your knowledge to work in a final project.​
Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology
By University of Alberta via Coursera
Starts October 1st

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites.

Top MOOCs to learn a foreign language

In today's competitive job market, having additional language skills is almost a must, but it isn't always easy to find the time to commit to a language course or even to find an appropriate course in your local area.
Luckily, there is an increasing amount of MOOCs that offer the opportunity to learn a new language and culture or build on your existing language skills.
We have done some research and picked out some great MOOCs for you to consider.
Business English for Non-Native Speakers Specialization
By The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology via Coursera

This Specialization will introduce non-native speakers of English to methods for developing English language and communication skills for the workplace, doing business, cross-cultural understanding, and business case study analysis. You'll apply these skills in the final Capstone Project by analysing a current business case study and providing recommendations to a target audience in both presentation and written formats.
Learn Mandarin Chinese Specialization
By Shanghai Jiao Tong University via Coursera

Come and learn the language which is spoken by more than 1 billion people and is getting more and more learners. This may enable you to know and do business with people from one of the world's biggest economies. This specialization may also help you to pass HSK (the only official proficiency test of Chinese language) level 1 or 2.
This is a beginner's course of Mandarin Chinese.
On-Ramp to AP* French Language and Culture
By Weston High School via edX

A three week class to boost your confidence before starting your AP French Language and Culture class.

Students who enroll in the French Language and Culture AP class must be ready to engage right from the beginning of the year in oral and written communication. The basis of the French grammar must be solid and the idea behind this course is to solidify these basis to allow student to enter the class with a strong foundation that will allow them to start communicating from the beginning of the school year, keeping the grammar to a minimal amount of review during the course of the school year.
Italian for Beginners
By The Open University via FutureLearn

This program of six free online Italian courses, created by The Open University, will help you develop your skills in Italian at a basic level, and introduce you to Italy and its language and culture.

Discover Online Learning Platforms

In every month's Newsletter, we will be showcasing one of our reviewed Online Learning Platforms to help you discover the best platforms for your needs.

"Great resource for free skill-based tutorials"

Best for: K-12 students, High School Students, Professionals, General Interest
Subjects: Technology, Reading, Maths, Microsoft, Work & Career, Everyday Life
Type of learning: Skill-based
Course type: Free self-paced tutorials
Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Certification: Certificate of Completion
Learning pathways: Yes
Mobile Apps: Android, iOS & Kindle. Read more...

Meet some of our new Study Buddies

Main Subject Category : Physical Science & Engineering
Goal : Academic development
Preferred language : English
Level of Knowledge : Some knowledge
Preferred study time : Afternoon
About me : I get bored studying alone so trying this out.​

Main Subject Category : Computer Science
Goal : Professional development
Preferred language : English
Level of Knowledge : Total beginner
Preferred study time : Evening
About me : I'm hardworking. Never give up. I'm serious about passing MCSD exams.​

Main Subject Category : Math & Logic
Goal : Academic development
Preferred language : english
Level of Knowledge : Total beginner
Preferred study time : Morning
About me : i am getting my AA in early childhood care and education. i am talking online class so it can get a little board just doing my work by myself. i looking for some he help me stay on track and motivated.​

Thanks for reading.

Carolyn

Follow MoocLab on social media
Copyright © 2016 MoocLab, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
contact@mooclab.club

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
MoocLab.club · Ibis Capital ltd · 22 Soho Square · London, Suffolk W1D 4NS · United Kingdom

Continue reading...