Study Buddy Looking for a study buddy (Neurology)

Gregory

Study Buddy
Hello. I'm a fourth year medical student looking for a study buddy to study neurology together.
I'm planning to cover the whole chapter in about 2 weeks.
If anyone is interested please let me know.

devangdrg

Scientist ❤️
Study Buddy
Hi Gregory,

I'm an Msc student in Neurosciences/Neurodevelopment in the UK, I am working on a very focused piece of work from now until end of August. If you just needed regular, consistent sessions with a disciplined person I am working Mon- Fridays 8am-6pm with flexible breaks, room for attending meetings etc- but by and large I aim to be at my desk for those times.

I am currently working with a medic intern (on here) and we are establishing a routine together...if you are very much made from the same cloth and you want a buddy to have silent sessions and to hold you to account and vice versa- do let me know. My time zone is GMT+1

I got the impression that you may want someone that you can interact and test each other? But thought I would reach out any way. So if our set up doesn't work for you - i totally understand and all the best.

Warmest wishes... :)
I would love to join you...

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
I'm preparing for my medical exams.
I need to put in a lot of hours of work as I'm really wanting to love being in the hospitals and know my theory well by the time I'm in the hospital.

I hope you'll consider my req to study.
Here's what I really need> Just to know that someone is on the other side studying as well. I live with my family and It's tough not having my batchmates around in the library to study with as much due to covid. It does heaps and bounds to my focus span and motivation when I know I'm having similar company and we're both studying.
I don't require conversations while being on the study session and I only require the study sessions. In other words, I concentrate fully on my work.
But I'm open to entertain conversations before starting, it's just I'm quite busy and I'd get anxious to talk while doing my work hahah.
Plus I'm open to making friends or sharing socials like IG if it comes to it.

Looking forward okay !

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
What’s your time zone? I am going to study shortly...I could set up a group for us...I’m trying to find a team of people that want consistent sessions :)

heya
This is precisely what I’m looking for...I’m sociable too but I’ve got so much work to do and want to primarily knuckle down!

Could really benefit from having a consistent accountability study “team” . I’ve attempted to set up 1:1’s with other people; either they don’t want the camera on (which I Respect but I feel its beneficial) or they are Unserious and lack consistency- I need people to show up as I’m trying to be of that calibre! I’m down if you want to connect... :)
~N
Nice!

At the moment and for the next 4months my routine is that I study all the time and otherwise I'm sleeping.
My studying spans from 4 to 8hours and then it's either dinner, breakfast or lunch where I watch an episode of some show. This takes about 40minutes, then I'm back to studying. My sleep duration is 6-8 hours depending on whether I stretch my studying spans longer than usual.

(GMT+8) is my time zone.

I really want to try this out, studying with someone I mean.
I've messaged a couple of people and left posts in a few forums as well bcs I'd like to not waste time and get on a study session immediately

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
What’s your time zone? I am going to study shortly...I could set up a group for us...I’m trying to find a team of people that want consistent sessions :)

heya
This is precisely what I’m looking for...I’m sociable too but I’ve got so much work to do and want to primarily knuckle down!

Could really benefit from having a consistent accountability study “team” . I’ve attempted to set up 1:1’s with other people; either they don’t want the camera on (which I Respect but I feel its beneficial) or they are Unserious and lack consistency- I need people to show up as I’m trying to be of that calibre! I’m down if you want to connect... :)
~N
so does this page also have a calls page or do we need to arrange that outside this like with sharing socials and such

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
perfect.
I recently just joined my first study session with Ayka , it is good.
I find I have a preference for the video to be mutually turned on rather than not while the mic is muted on both ends.
All in all looking forward to continual studying.

join this meeting link

MarnieJose

Study Buddy
perfect.
I recently just joined my first study session with Ayka , it is good.
I find I have a preference for the video to be mutually turned on rather than not while the mic is muted on both ends.
All in all looking forward to continual studying.

join this meeting link
Ah yes I’ve worked with her. Running errands so my study will disjointed today. Will see if you’re around later - failing that I’m around Monday
~N

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
Hey was hoping to connect today to briefly arrange some slots but didn’t want to encroach on your earlier session! Plus you were already studying with someone and didn’t want to talk during your session. Looks like it will have to be next week

all the best with studies
thanks, yeah that's cool too if you want to join.