Learner story: Earning an MBA while raising a daughter

Coursera Blog

Eric knew he wanted to earn a graduate degree, and after finishing his undergraduate degree at the University of California, Irvine, he looked at several graduate programs. But as the father of a two year-old, he quickly realized that it was going to be hard to fit grad school into his busy life.

Then he learned about the University of Illinois iMBA. “It fit all the criteria,” he says. “It let me study wherever, whenever. I didn’t want to set my family back financially, so affordability was a huge factor. And then being able to have professors of such high quality – that was really icing on the cake.”

Eric started the iMBA in August 2016, and is maintaining a 4.0 GPA while continuing to work and spend time with his daughter. He’s enjoyed every aspect of being a student again – developing relationships with his peers, building confidence with the material, and interacting with his professors, who he describes as “some of the brightest and most passionate people I’ve met.” He will graduate in 2018, and hopes to use his expanded knowledge and experience to pursue a higher-level corporate strategy or consulting role.

The post Learner story: Earning an MBA while raising a daughter appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...