Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. Today we are in the top 1% of the world's universities.
The University of Glasgow
- is ranked 63rd in the world and was the first UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall (QS World University Rankings 2016)
- welcomes students from more than 140 countries worldwide
- has more than 26,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students
- is a major employer in the city of Glasgow with more than 7,600 staff, including 2,370 active researchers
- has annual research income of more than £177m
- is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities
- is ranked in the top 10 of Russell Group universities for teaching (NSS 2016)
- is a founder member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
- includes among its alumni, the father of economics Adam Smith, Scotland’s architect of devolution Donald Dewar and renowned physicist and engineer Lord Kelvin.
University of Glasgow - Online
- Glasgow, G12 8QQ
Share this Item
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!