- Best for:
- General interest, K-12 & Higher Education Students, Professionals
- Arts & Humanities, Sciences, Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Education, Sport
- Type of learning:
- General interest, Academic, Personal & Professional development
- Course type:
- Self-paced & scheduled (Free & Paid)
- English (predominantly), Malay
- Learning pathways:
- Mobile Apps:
OpenLearning is an Australian MOOC platform that allows anyone to create, run and enrol in a course. The site offers both free and paid courses (from $19 to $590 per course) in a range of topics and created by educators and individuals around the world. OpenLearning focuses on bringing social interaction and fun to MOOCs and online courses. The quality of the courses is self-regulated: as a course gains popularity, it will come up higher in the list.
The platform uses a social media workflow to enable and encourage commenting and liking, and provides built-in galleries, wikis and blog pages to feature work and encourage collaboration and peer feedback, while always maintaining room for individuality.
In 2016 OpenLearning launched Learn.com.au, a new online education platform created in collaboration with Hunter TAFE which allows you to learn for free and only pay if you want to gain an Australian accredited qualification through their partners.
Tools & Features
- 3,300+ courses
- User profiles
- Course dashboard
- Online chatting
- Discussion forums
- Content commenting tool
- Gamification with “Karma Points” & badges
- Progress tracking
- Student-generated course reviews
- Courses feature number of students enrolled on the course
Share this Item
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!