- Best for:
- Higher education Students, General Interest
- Arts & Humanities, Sciences, Technology, Social Sciences, Business & Finance, Languages, Education, Sport
- Type of learning:
- Course type:
- Mostly Self-paced free courses
- Statement of Participation
- Learning pathways:
- Mobile Apps:
OpenLearn is the Open University's access point for its open and free online resources, with the aim of providing free online education, open to anyone, anywhere in the world. The courses operate on four levels - introductory, intermediate, advanced and masters – and include interactive tools, video, games, podcasts, articles and quizzes.
N.B. The Open University offers flexible part-time study, supported distance and open learning for undergraduate and postgraduate courses and qualifications.
Tools & Features
- 800+ free courses
- Interactives, games, video, podcasts, articles, quizzes
- Downloadable audio and video files on some courses
- User profiles
- Activity records
- Progress tracking & reward badges
- Discussion forums
- Free registration gives access to the OpenLearn community and other features
Some courses allow you to gain a digital badge for recognition of successfully completing the course, referred to as Badged Open Courses. These courses also allow you to gain a certificate – The Statement of Participation – on successful completion of the course.
Have you used this learning platform? If so, please log in or sign up to rate and review this item. Just hover the cursor over the stars and select the number of stars you wish to award. You can then add your review if you wish.
Open Courseware OpenLearn
Share this Item
Recent User Reviews
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!