- University System of Maryland
- 7 weeks
- 8 to 10 hours per week
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- MBA Core Curriculum
Develop the skills to be an effective and successful leader. High impact leaders have the ability to lead and influence others toward a common goal. To do this you must develop your own toolbox of strategies - to maintain engagement, to build collaborative support and to master conflict while remaining true to your authentic self.
Upon completing this course, learners will be able to design an effective influence strategy to accomplish goals, even without formal authority. You’ll be able to recognize team dynamics and identify ways to help each member contribute more effectively. Through exercises and lessons, you’ll pinpoint problems and challenges in the way you (and your teams) make decisions. Finally, you’ll walk away with a concrete plan for continuing to expand your situational adaptability as a leader, allowing you to adjust with fluency and achieve your fullest potential.
What you'll learn
- Determine an effective influence strategy to accomplish a goal, regardless of formal authority
- Recognize team dynamics and identify strategies for leveraging each member’s contribution
- Identify problems in the way you, and your team, make important decisions
- Build a concrete plan for continuing to expand your situational adaptability as a leader
Kathryn Bartol, Gilad Chen, Nicole Coomber, Trevor Foulk, Neta Moye, Myeong-Gu Seo and Subra Tangirala