1. Evernote allows you to easily gather and present a variety of material into one place including web articles, handwritten notes, and photos. Users can share their notes with others and sync their account across multiple devices.
Pricing: Basic (Free), Plus ($24.99/year), Premium ($49.99/year)
2. OneNote by Microsoft can be used on any device and allows you to capture thoughts, ideas and to-do’s in one place by clipping web articles, sending yourself emails, and taking snapshots of documents or whiteboards. Your saved content can be shared with others for viewing or editing. If you subscribe to Office 365, you also get cloud-based access to other Office files, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Pricing: Free download (doesn’t include additional features offered with Office 365)
3. Fetchnotes is an easy way to keep track of anything and collaborate instantly. Notes can be grouped and tracked with hashtags (#), and synced across all your devices. Users are able to easily share their notes with others using the “@” symbol and receive notifications whenever someone shares or edits a note with you.
4. Google Keep is a note taking application developed by Google which allows you to capture notes, photos and audio as well as create interactive to-do lists. You can access Google Keep using your existing Google account sign-in via the web, Android or Chrome.
Digital handwriting apps
5. Bamboo Paper turns your tablet into a “paper notebook” by allowing you to capture handwritten notes and drawings just like you would with real paper using a stylus, special pen or your fingers. Users can choose different paper types and pen colours and are able to customize their notes before exporting them in different formats such as PDF or .jpg. Available for Android, iOS, and Windows
6. Papyrus offers the same functionality as Bamboo Paper. It is a natural handwriting note-taking app that you use just like paper, but with the flexibility and advantages of modern technology. Available for Android, Windows, Windows Phone & Kindle Fire
7. Penultimate by Evernote is an award-winning digital handwriting app for iPad that combines the natural experience of pen and paper with power of Evernote’s sync and search features. It allows you to write, scribble, and sketch with all the necessary tools and your notes can be synced across all devices. Users can search their handwritten notes using Evernote