Tutor Terms of Service
TUTOR TERMS OF SERVICELast Updated August 29th, 2018
If you want to offer Tutoring Services on MoocLab, you must read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for Tutors ("Tutor Terms") which are part of and incorporated into the MoocLab Terms of Service and Payment Terms of Service ("Terms"). These Tutor Terms will apply to any Account that is approved to be a Tutor on the Site. If you do not accept these Tutor Terms in full, you are not authorized to teach on the Site and you are not eligible to receive any benefits from MoocLab for any Tutoring Services you provide.
Tutor Registration and Service Listing
Approval for Tutoring Services
Tutors must be at least 18 years old, and have appropriate and valid qualifications and/or experience, in accordance with the subject or field they promote to teach
In order to become a "Tutor", you must first submit a complete Tutor Application by setting up a Tutor Resource Page. Completed Tutor Resource Pages are evaluated by MoocLab for approval. If your Tutor Resource Page is approved, your member status will be changed to a "Tutor." You will then have the ability to create and manage a Tutor Profile on our Site. As a Tutor you can begin providing "Tutoring Services".
Tutors acknowledge that they are not employees of MoocLab and are responsible for their own actions, on and off the Website. Tutors also accept full responsibility for all Income Tax and other liabilities payable in relation to any fees generated through the MoocLab Website.
Teaching Services Description
In order to provide lessons, Tutors must create a description of their Tutoring Services on MoocLab. When creating the description of your Tutoring Services, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Write a specific, detailed service description with clear scope, deliverables and lessons.
- Set expectations that you can meet or exceed.
- Do not create services that are made with the intent to commit fraud, or provide services other than the ones outlined in the description. This includes offering your Services in exchange for positive feedback or for no cost.
Providing Tutoring Services
Guidelines for providing your Tutoring Services
Once you have received a Tutoring Services request, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Use the MoocLab platform to manage Student requests.
- Tutors who come in contact with Students under the age of 18 must ensure that the Student has consent or is presented by a parent or legal guardian to receive teaching lessons
- Respond promptly, within one business day, to all lesson-related communication, whether from the Student or from MoocLab.
- Maintain a record of all communication between you and the Student. Communication methods can include outside emails, instant messages, telephone or in-person conversations. Important details include information on the scope, deliverables, time frames, price, feedback, revisions, schedule changes, vacation, availability, delays, acceptance of deliverables, and completion of lessons.
- Inform the Student of your availability and response time.
- Inform the Student if you will be unavailable for more than one business day.
Guidelines if you will be unable to provide your Tutoring Service
- Immediately inform the Student offering an explanation and proposing a revised date.
- Immediately alert MoocLab Customer Service so that MoocLab is aware of the situation and can offer assistance to the Student.
Student Complaints and Refunds
Any Student who is dissatisfied with your Tutoring Service is required to contact you directly through the Site regarding any issues or complaints. You should try to resolve any issue or complaint directly with the Student first.
If the issue or complaint cannot be resolved, between the Tutor and the Student, MoocLab will use all records of communication as evidence to make a determination on how to adjudicate the dispute. MoocLab shall have the right, in our sole discretion:
- To offer a refund, or reverse a transaction.
- To designate who shall bear the expenses resulting from any such actions.
Additional Guidelines for Tutoring Services
- Agree to maintain the privacy of MoocLab Students. This includes not soliciting any personally identifiable information (such as birth date, age, government issued number, phone number, or home address).
- Agree to maintain the privacy of your personal details. This includes personal financial information regarding your payments.
- Agree to maintain personal records for payments.
- Agree to cooperate with MoocLab in anti-fraud actions, and in Dispute Resolution.
- Agree to indemnify MoocLab from all claim and liabilities costs and expenses (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected disclosed and undisclosed arising out of any use by the Tutor or information provided by the Tutor of the MoocLab Website.
- Report any conduct violations, including misuse of ratings and feedback.
- Agree that use of the Website is entirely at the Tutor's own risk. Tutors acknowledge that they take full responsibility of any risk or loss resulting form the use of, viewing, access to, and relying on the content or information on the Website. MoocLab urges all Tutors to be careful when using the Website and entering into any agreements to provide teaching lessons.
- Not use Prohibited Content, or content that violates copyright.
- Not complete any coursework, essays, test/exam papers or other assignments on behalf Students.
Providing Tutoring Services
You are expected to perform in a manner that results in a consistently high level of Student satisfaction. You are in breach of these Tutor Terms if you:
- Fail to deliver any Tutoring Service for which payment was accepted.
- Fail to take reasonable efforts to resolve a dispute with a Student.
- Create unacceptable levels of Student dissatisfaction.
MoocLab reserves the following rights to take any of the following actions at any time and at our sole discretion:
- Cancel your listed Tutoring Service
- Limit your Account privileges
- Suspend or terminate your Account
- Adjust your payment balance and withhold all payments
- Contact law enforcement or seek legal remedies
Financial Terms for Tutors
Tutors must have a PayPal account to receive payment for Tutoring Services.
Accepting Tutor Service Requests
Tutors will receive requests for Tutor Services via MoocLab's private messaging tool. By accepting a lesson request, you agree to provide your Tutoring Services to the Student at the agreed date and time. You can choose to decline the request.
Disputes with Students
In the event there is a disagreement with a student, there are two phases to resolving the dispute.
Phase 1: Member Resolution – The Student and Tutor should discuss and reach agreement on what services should be provided. Any new terms that are agreed by the Student and Tutor should be submitted to MoocLab, for a written record.
Phase 2: MoocLab Dispute Judgment – If the Student and Tutor cannot agree, then the dispute will be handled by MoocLab. MoocLab will review any evidence and submitted materials pertaining to the Dispute and make a final ruling.
MoocLab Service Fees
MoocLab collects the full fee amount when a Tutoring Service ("lesson") is purchased by the Student. For each transaction on the Site, the commission is 20% of the total cost of the Tutor Service ("lesson"). Fees due to MoocLab are deducted upon transfer of the fee funds to the Tutor's PayPal Account.
MoocLab does not charge any fees for the Tutor to register or create a listing for Tutoring Services on MoocLab.
Circumvention of Service Fees
Tutors agree not to engage in any action or activity meant to circumvent the service fees. Prohibited practices include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Suggesting, soliciting, or accepting payment by other means outside the MoocLab Website .
- Failing to report accurate or final service prices on the Site, or a service price different than that agreed between Student and Teacher.
License Grant for Tutor Content to Students
You hereby agree that any user who purchases your Tutoring Services will be granted a right to use the Content in your TutoringServices solely for personal and noncommercial educational purposes. You acknowledge that all of the Content you submit to the Site is subject to the representations, warranties, license grants and other provisions contained in the Terms.
License Grant for Tutor Content to MoocLab
You acknowledge that MoocLab may use your Content and information about your Tutoring Services in marketing, advertising and promotion of our Site or Application in any medium. You also give MoocLab permission to use your username as part of marketing, advertising or promotion.
License Grant for Tutor Logos
We encourage you to highlight your Tutoring Services by using your trademarks, service marks or brands ("Logos") on our Site. You give us permission to display your Logos and to make modifications to the appearance of the Logos as may be reasonably necessary. You represent that you own all rights to your Logo. You retain ownership and all rights to any Logo that you submit. Logos may not contain any Prohibited Content. We reserve the right to remove your Logos from the Site at any time in our sole discretion.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the entire risk arising out of the payment services remains with you. If you permit or authorize another person to use your MoocLab account in any way, you are responsible for the actions taken by that person. Neither MoocLab nor any other party involved in providing payment services will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute products or services, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with these terms, from the use of or inability to use the payment services, from any communications, interactions or meetings with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the payment services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not MoocLab payments has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Except for our obligations to pay amounts to applicable pursuant to these terms or an approved payment request, in no event will MoocLab’s aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these terms and your use of the payment services including, but not limited to, from the use of or inability to use payment services, exceed the paid by MoocLab to you in the twelve (12) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or one hundred u.s. dollars (us$100), if no such payments have been made, as applicable. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between MoocLab and you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Contacting Customer Service
If you wish to report a violation of Site, Application or Service Policies, have any questions or need assistance, please contact MoocLab using our contact form.