Study Buddy Computer Science-Study Buddy

Red

Study Buddy
Hello everyone, I just finished my first year of Computer Science at UMass Amherst. Here's some information about me. Looking for someone with relatively similar goals/interests so we can share ideas and help each other grow.

Area of Specialization: Computer Science. Currently trying to get a grasp on web development over the summer and get a personal project under my belt(a mobile app using react native). Also using Cracking the Coding Interview. Goal is to get an internship secured for next summer.

Level of education: Undergrad Student

Study schedule: Hoping for 5 days a week. Consistency is the most important thing to me as I'm trying to make this a habit. I would like to start by studying at least 2 hours a day but can go for more or less depending on the session. Timing is flexible but morning(9-10am) is when I get the best work done.

Preferred mode of studying: Discord, Zoom, whatever works. I also have the Forest app which I think works really well. We can also join each others sessions through there.

Why a study partner: The same reason we all want a study partner. Accountability. I'm usually good about being self-motivated but now that classes are over and its summer time I've found it hard to get into the groove. I think having a study partner/group that expects me to be there will help tremendously.

Additional Information: I recommend everyone reads Atomic Habits, Deep Work, and Digital Minimalism.

Time Zone: EST

Preferred Language: English

nikinikk

Hi I'm a Computer Science student also and currently studying web development. If your interested then we can study together. My timings are flexible as well.