Can you get a job after finishing Codeacademy and Treehouse?

Quora Feeds

Jonathon Pemberton

As of right now, Treehouse has projects that directly relate to things clients and employers will ask you to do. You can follow along at your own pace. If you want the maximum benefit from every course you take, I definitely suggest doing what Stephanie has suggested and build your own website.

In my humble opinion, there really isn't a whole lot that you can't learn from the internet. Especially about computers and technology. If you're interested in deepening your knowledge base, do a Google search for open culture college courses and check out the computer science section.

Platforms like Treehouse definitely make it possible to learn the basics and develop a good foundation. It's up to you to deepen your knowledge. Employers may hire you when you finish a program like the Front End Web Development track on Treehouse, but what will impress them even more is the initiative you took when you developed your first web app or UI.

My suggestion: once you finish the front end web dev course (or whichever track you're interested in), develop a website using just plain HTML/CSS. It only has to be one page, you don't have to "make it work" like the demo site on Treehouse. Just develop a rough idea.

Then, try to learn a framework like Bootstrap or Foundation (or use a code library) and develop your idea from there. Using your understanding of design methodology, make your website fit that framework.

Depending on the quality of your work, I'd say you're ready for an entry-level position.

Or, you can try to freelance.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...